- Local authority Icelandic bank investments as at 31 December 2008 (6 April 2009)
These documents replace the previous version published on 5 March 2009.
The key points from this release are:
- A total of £929.2 million was invested by English local authorities in Icelandic banks as at 31 December 2008. This amount was invested by 125 local authorities out of a total of 482 authorities.
- 39% of the investments were with Landsbanki islands hf, 29% were with Heritable Bank Ltd, 20% with Glitnir Banki hf and 12% with Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Ltd.
- 96% of the investments were internally managed while the remaining 4% were externally managed. There were no externally managed funds invested with Heritable Bank Ltd
- Within the total, £24.6 million was invested on behalf of other local authorities. All these investments were made on behalf of fire or police authorities.
Return to Local Government Finance Statistics Index
Last updated on 6 April 2009
Return to Local Government Finance Home Page
Return to CLG Local Government Index
Return to CLG Home Page
Terms and conditions