Index of Archive Material
- General Power for Best Value Authorities to Charge for Discretionary Services ( Adobe Acrobat 170kb)
Guidance on the Power in the Local Goverment Act 2003
Consultation Paper Archive
- Strong and prosperous communities - The Local Government White Paper
Published October 2006
- White Paper: Strong Local Leadership - Quality Public Services
Part I of the white paper sets out proposals to reform council services and enhance local democracy and community leadership. Part II of the white paper sets out the Government's response to last year's Green Paper on modernising the local government finance system. It provides the important technical detail on all the Government's proposals for reforming local government finance.
Published December 2001
- Modernising Local Government Finance: A Green Paper
The green paper takes a fundamental look at how the finance system can work better for local communities.Greater flexibility for councils to borrow, fairer and more transparent education funding and new opportunities for business to invest in local communities are among the options set out in it.
Published September 2000
- An Analysis of the Responses to the Modernising Local Government Finance: A Green Paper
This gives a brief factual summary of responses to the issues on which we invited views.
Last Updated 3 September 2010
Return to Local Government Finance Index
Return to CLG Local Government Index
Return to CLG Home Page
CLG Terms and conditions